Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Writing Blog

"A Writing Blog" -- such a descriptive title. And, really, does the world need another writing blog? Of course not; but apparently I think that I need one.

I'm currently in one of those cycles where I'm taking my writing a bit more seriously. I've got an idea percolating which I think may well work for this year's NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) though I will say that the idea of trying to write 50,000 words during the school year AND hockey season strikes me as being a sign of possible insanity. We'll see. At least I type quickly.

At the moment, I've got a half-dozen or so short stories which are in various levels of making the rounds of publishers of short fiction. The newest is still out to the first prospective publisher; one of the older stories has been through seven rejections and is back out for an eighth time.

I don't know how frequently I'll update this blog until the November NaNoWriMo season is more closely approaching. (And, really, the idea that I might decide to blog and churn out still more words while trying to produce 50,000 words on a novel all in 30 days... Did I say "possible" insanity?)

If you're interested in the fiction and non-fiction I've had published in the past, please look at my Publications page. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment