Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Links: January 29, 2012 Edition

I was gone most of the day and I'm not feeling well tonight, so this is going to be brief.

"What I've Learned From 2 Days As An Editor" (Chris Bissette) - Chris reflects on first lessons from working as an editor for his university's literary society. A nice look at someone first experiencing the "other side" of the writer/editor relationship.

"On Monsters: An Unnatural History of Our Worst Fears" (Interview with Stephen Asma from All Sides with Ann Fisher) - I heard part of this interview on the radio recently and thought it might be of interest to people writing fantasy and horror fiction.

"10 Writing 'Rules' We Wish More Science Fiction and Fantasy Authors Would Break" (Charlie Jane Anders at io9) - As I've talked about in other blog posts, not all writing rules are hard and fast -- in fact, most of them are not! This article talks about some of the rules that the writer would like to see followed less strictly.

Additionally, here's a recap of the posts from this week on my blog:

"Emily Casey Interview" - I interviewed Emily Casey about her debut novel "The Fairy Tale Trap" and the process of writing it.

"#writemotivation Weekly Wrapup" - As part of the #writemotivation project, I wrote up results on my January goals. I'll do a final wrapup for the month Monday 1/30.

"Bonus Tuesday Post: Other Lists of Favorite Movies" - Since there was some interest on Twitter in seeing additional "favorite movie" lists I had written up in the past but not publicly posted, I went ahead and put those in a blog post.

"Forward to Feburary: Blog Schedule Update and Goals" - I talked about my plans for February, including an adjustment in my weekly blogging schedule

"Writing to Prompts and Themes" - Friday, I talked about the pros and cons of writing stories directed towards prompt/themed issues and contests.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by to check out the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment