Thursday, March 1, 2012

Final February Goal Status

This is going to be brief. Life's been hectic today. The post on restarting the Dissecting the Short Story series will have to wait a few more days as I've only had a few minutes tonight to get today's post together.

OK, so how did I do in February with my goals?

1) Spend time in the first half of the month analyzing my first draft of "Adrift" and time in the second half of the month planning the second draft. - A bit of progress, nowhere near what I planned. But I think I have a better idea how to approach this now. At least, I hope that I do!

2) Write 5,000 words of new fiction including at least one new short story. - I made it, though it required getting a fair number of new words written on the 29th. Good thing it's Leap Year!

3) Keep all my writing routines -- Seinfeld Chain, revised blogging schedule, etc. -No issues with this.

4) On 2/29, have one non-time-sensitive blog post written and ready for future use on a day when I'm not able to post something "new." - I replaced the one I used, so I met this goal.

5) Submit one or more short stories for the first time this month. - I submitted two stories for the first time in February, one of which sold.

6) Look more seriously at scheduling to attend Marcon in early April. - This is a local science fiction convention. I went to look at programming notes a few days back and it was still rather vague. I'll make a decision in March whether I want to try to fit this one into my schedule or wait for a convention later in the year.

On the whole, especially considering everything else which has gone on around me in February, I don't feel bad about this, but I am hoping that I can build off of it and have an even better writing March.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm stopping by from the campaign trail. :)
    It sounds like you've had a good February.
    Congrats on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Way to stay on task!

    Diane
    www.happywriting.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Jennifer and Diane!

    ReplyDelete