Friday, March 1, 2013

February Goal Results and March Goals

Here were my February goals and how I did with them.

  1. Submit three stories for the first time. - I made zero progress on this. Got to get better at this..
  2. Read twenty-five short stories. - Done.
  3. Develop a convention schedule for the year. - Basically done in February. I had to wrap a few things up on it tonight. But it's done now.
  4. Reply to all Kazka Press flash fiction submissions by the 24th. - Done.
  5. Make twenty submissions of non-reprint stories. - Done.
So, other than not getting new stories out the door (which is, I need to acknowledge, a big part of what I should be doing writing-wise) this was a good month. Now, as for March...

  1. Submit three stories for the first time. - I probably should set this at four since I'm zero-for-two-months, but one of the issues I'm running into is not having enough markets to submit to for some types of stories, so I'm going to leave this at three for now and make accomplishing this a very high priority. 
  2. Read thirty short stories. - Bumping this up to a slightly higher number, since I hit 25 last month.
  3. Reply to all Kazka Press flash fiction submissions by the 25th. - Pretty straight forward, get responses out quickly allowing time for contracts to be signed, etc.
  4. Make fifteen submissions of non-reprint stories. - Bumping this down a bit since I've got most of my stories out at the moment and if replies don't come in quickly enough it might be hard to get to twenty again in March.
  5. Outline and get at least 4000 words written on a novelette for general submission. - This ties in to my goal for the year to get four novelettes and/or novellas submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment